Monday, February 25, 2013

Debunking Gordon Duff

I was told the Secret Service sent around a directive to use “inert weapons” for the parade, as they have always done in the past. [More]
As explained:
The issue of parade rifles carried by honor guards being disabled in a different fashion under previous administrations, such as having their firing pins removed, is not being argued here, although it should be—not that it didn't happen, but that it does. But that’s not the thrust of this article. Here’s what is: Unlike in 2009, in the 2013 inaugural parade, someone in authority made the decision to change that and order the Marines to march with visibly disabled guns.
Back to Gordon:
Now the shoe is on the other foot, we are looking for a reason for this hoax and those who worked hard to damage the Marine Corp and the President by lying to the public.
You must not be looking very hard, as you've never once tried to contact me, even though my work is the basis for your attack piece -- I found out about your "debunking" from a comment poster here. And I hardly think the retired Sgt Major who first complained about the missing bolts, and the retired USMC officer who administers the active and retired Marines list that passed on his concerns, and the USMC retired officer who shared it with me were working to damage a Corps they honor and have devoted a good portion of their lives to serving. They viewed Marines being ordered to march in public with the bolts removed, rendering them visibly emasculated, as a very pointed and intentional diss.

You're free to disagree with that assumption, Gordon, but you're not free to call demonstrable facts a hoax: Bolts were removed in 2013 and were not in 2009. I note you didn't happen to ask why this method was chosen instead of the way it was conducted in the prior inaugural parade.

Now I realize, unlike you, I don't sit on any Federal Reserve-affiliated boards and I'm not partnering with the UN, USAID and International Wildlife Federation, and I also don't have colleagues blaming "the Zionists" for Newtown, so I guess I have to defer to your expertise on dupes and hoaxes...

No comments: