Tuesday, August 23, 2016

We're the Only Ones Grounded Enough

Ibiza holiday flight terror after 'police officer's GUN goes off inside cabin in front of shocked passengers' [More]
And...
... it accidentally discharged ... a police officer's gun accidentally went off ... the weapon discharged ... the weapon accidentally discharged ... his gun apparently discharged ...
Man, that is one dangerous gun. Good thing for the officer it accidentally discharged all by its own self. From the way this is written throughout, it sounds like grounds for a perfect lawsuit against the manufacturer. After all, the story was written by a team of "Authorized Journalists" following time-tested industry standards.

I once had a reporterette get real snippy and defensive with me for calling her on this.  I'm sure I posted about it here some years back, but trying to find it would take time better spent on other pursuits.

[Via William T]

2 comments:

Elmo said...

You know, even if I could carry a firearm in my luggage on a plane, I tend to think I would make certain it was unloaded. Or at the very least I'd be sure there wasn't a live round in the chamber. I guess I'm old fashioned that way.
Am I nuts?

Old 1811 said...

The article I read stated that he was handing the gun to the flight crew, as required by regulations, when the discharge occurred. My guess is that it was in his holster and he handed it over. It's quite possible that the flight crew, not the officer, managed to make the gun discharge.
When I was working, I never had to hand my gun to the flight crew, but friends who did, back in the revolver days, always got their guns back in a different condition than when they surrendered them (e.g., the little V engraved on the rear face of a stainless Smith's cylinder went from 11 o'clock upon surrender to 1 o'clock upon return). Obviously, the flight crew had more to play with than their controls.